Tuesday, December 30, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge

Well, I have decided to hit the ground running in 2015 with Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 Challenge. It's a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. See the link above to read more about it, she has done this several times and has it streamlined. She answers all possible questions!

I have been kicking around the idea of doing my own 30 in 30 again, but it's so much fun to do it with more people! The best thing about this particular challenge is that we are all in it together. On Leslie's blog you can see all of the paintings EVERYONE posts there everyday and you can also see an interactive map that shows all of the other poor souls who have accepted the challenge all across the US and the world.

I challenged a few of my painter friends locally (The Society of Seven) and I guess I will see who steps up! So far I think I have 2 nibbles. Once I know for sure I will post links to their websites and blogs so you can see what they are doing as well.

I narrowed down a few themes for the challenge (basically things that I want to improve upon in my own work... interiors and plein air... maybe some found still lifes to break the monotony). I have ordered a ton of 5x7 linen panels and some additional white paint... I am ready to go! There is nothing better for learning than 30 starts. That's a lot of experience in a short time. Nothing better for the painting game!

I will be posting the pieces on this blog daily and they will be available by auction in my Daily Paintworks Gallery (which has currently been emptied of all artwork). I am toying with the idea of holding all sales until the end of the challenge, I may want to keep some as inspiration for larger works! I guess I will need to make up my mind very soon!

I hope you check back often to see how I am doing or better yet, challenge yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment